Sexual energy is very powerful and potent. In a Tantric healing session, sexual energy is awakened to heal the whole body. Various Tantric rituals are done to help focus and open up to Kundalini awakening. As you relax your body and mind you will go into a deep Trance, when the healing begins and emotions start flowing. When negative emotions (anger, grief, fear, hurt, shame, guilt, etc) leave the body, positive ones like happiness, unconditional love, peace, harmony can come in.
We all have this sexual energy inside of us and it is a very powerful energy. It even has the power to create life. Sexual Energy is a Life Force. Sexual energy means different things for different people, and can be described in the following ways – sensual, erotic, ecstatic, orgasmic, and powerful. Some of us are very connected to it while others have not yet had the chance to discover it. Sexual energy is more than just for making love and reproduction, it is life force that when trained can be used like fuel to bring vitality to the body, a glow to the skin, joy to the heart and vibrant thinking to the mind, as well as a healing force spiritual growth and enlightenment. In fact, sexual energy is so powerful and transformative, I think this is one of the reasons why it has been suppressed for ages.
Blocked Energy causes pain and diseases
Energy needs to flow in the body. When it becomes blocked by negative emotions, it starts to creates physical pain as well as diseases. The Taoists discovered that most illnesses could be healed once the underlying toxins and negative forces were released from the body. Chi, the life-force energy, moves through the body’s internal channels, nervous system, blood vessels, and lymph glands. Tensions, worries, and stresses of the day, month, year or even decades accumulate in the body and are not dispersed. These disturbances can cause physical tangling and knotting of the nerves, blood vessels, and lymph nodes. The result is the gradual obstruction of energy circulation.
Importance of de-armouring the body
It is so important to clear the blockages in the body from negative emotions, toxins, stress and knots. Every time we have a painful experience and we choose not to feel a certain emotion, we develop armour around our heart and our sexual organs. This armour serves to protect us from feeling pain, but it also shuts down our ability to feel pleasure, ecstasy and joy. Feeling is what makes us alive. Chuck Spezzano rightly says:
‘If I give you £1 million and you didn’t feel anything, all that money wouldn’t mean anything to you.’
By creating an invisible body armour, the body is attempting to reduce its vulnerability to pain, discomfort and possible danger. In effect, the armouring process might be protecting us from pain but it is also protecting us from our own desires, happiness, love, peace and everything we are seeking for a fulfilled and happy life.
Keys to arouse of sexual energy and experience full body orgasm are:
- Awareness– Having an awareness of what is going on in our body. Awareness is the first step towards healing. Train yourself to be aware even of the slightest pain or pleasure present in your body.
- Breath– Learn the different breathing techniques to bring in more life force/chi/prana in the body. Breath disperses emotional pain.
- Sounds– making sounds is the fastest way to move energy in the body. Sounds are vibrations and they allow to disperse physical pain.
- Movement– Listen to your body and move it in a very sensual way to awaken its Shakti. Movement frees and releases the body from stress, tension and contractions.
- Bodywork– bodywork brings up buried memories and emotions that are stored in the fascia of the body.
- Relax your body– energy won’t flow in a tight, tensed and stressed body. Use breath, sounds and movement to relax in your own body. Relax every part of your body through touch and massages. It is also very important to switch off the mind and come fully in our body.
- Allow emotions to flow. As we relax, difficult emotions that we have repressed like anger, shame, guilt, fear and grief may come up. Allow everything to flow naturally.
- Clear blockages from our genitals-lingam/yoni. Unfortunately trauma, past abuse, guilt, shame get stored in our genitals. They need to be awakened for sexual energy to flow freely.
- Surrender– it is important to trust the whole process and surrender to our powerful sexual energy.
In Tantra, we take time to feel, to love, to connect, to just be, to blossom, to open up, to be vulnerable, to allow, to breathe, to move sensually, to express freely and to find the divine within.